5 Clean Eating Snacks for the Whole Family.
Want to give the family some healthy food without pulling out your favorite clean eating cookbook and making a full meal? Whipping up some clean eating snacks can keep everyone’s energy up without requiring you to be locked in the kitchen for hours.
Here are 5 simple clean eating snack ideas.
3 Step Parfait Recipe
This super-simple treat can be thrown together in minutes. You just need some certified organic, non-GMO granola, your favorite fresh fruit and yogurt (we prefer greek yogurt to get more nutrients and less sugar per serving.).
Take 2 cups of yogurt, 1 to 2 cups of granola – depending on how crunchy you like your parfait – and a cup of your favorite organic fruit, and layer the ingredients in a large cup alternating ingredients. In no time you have a fun, sweet and healthy snack.
Homemade Sweet Potato Fries Recipe
Here’s a way to help your family avoid carbs and get more vitamins and minerals while still enjoying a plate of hot, salty fries. You can bake these in your oven or, if you have one, use an air fryer to add a bit of extra crunch without the need to deep fry in oil.
Either way, you’re going to feel like you’re indulging way more than you really are.
Feel free to experiment with different seasonings if you want to be adventurous.
• Preheat oven to 400 degrees
• Use 4 medium sweet potatoes
• Clean and peel them before julienning them into strips
• Coat them in extra virgin olive oil – use about 2 tablespoons worth
• Sprinkle them with Spring Salt to taste.
• If you feel like it, dust them with a 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper and/or a teaspoon of cumin or chili powder.
• Once you have tossed all of your ingredients in a bowl spread your potatoes on a cookie sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
• Bake until crispy on the outside and still tender in the middle. About 30 minutes with a turn halfway through.
• Serve on a large platter with some organic catsup and other dips.
Avocado Dip Recipe with Veggies
No need to over complicate it. This can be as simple as grabbing some veggies with a little snap to them and popping open your favorite organic store-bought avocado dip.
And if you want to spice it up just dice some fresh peppers and stir them in.
But, if you want to make your own, here’s a basic, quick avocado dip recipe.
• Take 2 ripe avocados and scoop out the fruit.
• Mash well in a bowl and add lime juice from 1/2 a lime and pure, clean Spring Salt to taste.
• Serve with a bowl of certified organic, non-GMO multigrain chips.
Good Old-fashioned Popcorn
Air pop some organic, non-GMO popping corn to keep it healthy and sprinkle it with a few dashes of Spring Salt. But don’t be afraid to get adventurous. Popcorn is one of those foods that can serve as a platform for just about any of your favorite spices. Try serving up one bowl of traditional popcorn with just salt and then mix up 2 of your most interesting options in their own bowls for the family to sample.
Peanut Butter on Celery
This is a favorite thanks to the ridiculously healthy carb to protein ratio. And it takes nothing more than some scrubbed celery stalks and your favorite organic, non-GMO peanut butter. Cut the stalks into even sized lengths, spread a dollop of peanut butter on them and arrange on a platter for everyone to enjoy.
With all these options, there’s no reason why you can’t enjoy time with your family while keeping their plates full with clean eating snacks. And remember, you can’t eat clean without a clean salt. And there’s no salt cleaner than Mayi Spring Salt.